Cathy, Me, Joaquin, Viviana

Cathy, Me, Joaquin, Viviana
We Did It!

The World of Color

The World of Color
Such a perfect day with Ian

Athol Training Walk

Athol Training Walk
Hot Day, Long walk

Birthday Fundraiser

Birthday Fundraiser
Me and the Avon Team

AVON WALK EXPO

AVON WALK EXPO
ME and my new HER2 + Gal Pals

Avon Walk Expo

Avon Walk Expo
Team "NEVER STOP MOVING"

Last Surgery

Last Surgery
Port Removal

On to the healing

On to the healing

Ringing the bell

Ringing the bell

Chemo #6 the last chemo treatment

Chemo #6 the last chemo treatment

Chemo #5

Chemo #5
5 down, 1 to GO!

New Years 2010

New Years 2010
Me and Cheryl Breast Cancer Vixens!

Chemo #4

Chemo #4
4 down, 2 to go

Chemo #3

Chemo #3
3 down 3 to go

Monday, April 19, 2010

FOLLOW UP TO INNER DEMONS

April 19. 2010 Monday

Sorry I haven't posted in days, but I've been busy taking the advice I got from Valerie. And that advice was.....

"Remove head. Sit in front of Gohonzon. Chant Nam myoho, renge kyo."

Good advice. I took it. I did just that. I feel better focus. I still fight the inner demons of 'blue', my joints have been aching and after sitting for any length of time, I'll stand and walk like a crippled old lady until my joints unfreeze. My hips ache all the time. Perhaps it is the effects of the steroids finally showing. I'll ask tomorrow when I see Dr. Speyer.

Sarah is back in LA and her boyfriend is stuck in London. So the stress has shifted to when is Matt returning. I'm off the hook. I still have to make appointments for Sarah to be seen by the doctor in May. But I have taken the approach of Remove Head. Sit in front of Gohonzon. Chant.

I said good bye to Sarah Thursday, and miss her too much. The doctor feels she is still too healthy to transplant so she got a reprieve. Now she must work very hard to remain healthy until next year. Chant. Chant. Chant.

My son's report card was that of a great student. He is amazing. He's been through so much this past year and yet he maintains A's and B's. I'm so proud of him. I had Saturday to myself. Ian had Kung Fu and Ed went to Yale to work on a reading of a new play. So I spent the day doing nothing but chanting. A good day to de-stress.

Sunday Ed and I headed out to Staten Island to celebrate his cousin's 80th birthday. When you get two or more Hyland's in a room there is bound to be much laughter, wild tales, lots of food, and lots of drinking. Always a super fun time. It was exactly what the doctor ordered. Happy Birthday Tom!

This morning I woke to find out that my friend Beverly, whom I've mentioned here before, and asked for prayers for her recovery, has received the worst blow. The dreaded, "You have 6 weeks." This rocked my world this morning. She is younger than I am, and has fought so hard, and nothing has worked. Sometimes this world is just plain and flat out UNFAIR! I really was looking forward to meeting her. Now it appears that this will not be possible. She was so brave to post her news on her caringbridge blog. So I ask that if you are reading this, please say a prayer for Beverly. She is fighting to the bitter end and will not give up, so pray to give her strength to prove the doctors wrong. Pray to help her find peace. Pray for Beverly because she is an Angel on Earth. Pray because she has earned your prayers.

Hug the people you love, and let them know that you do. If they are miles away, call them and tell so. Go. Look in the mirror and remind yourself that you love yourself. That you are worth it. Then go out. Live your life. Have fun. Don't forget to laugh really hard at least once today. Laughter is contagious. Go spread it.

Nite.
Light and Love
Melissa

1 comment:

  1. We were very happy to see you there !!Somehow the family does not communicate very well. Sorry I did not know about your cancer. Mine was 16 years ago and I am grateful for every day. You will do well with your positive attitude, which is not always easy to have. Depression. Phooy. Let's get rid of that. You are doing everything you possibly can. Give the higher power His chance now. G

    ReplyDelete