Cathy, Me, Joaquin, Viviana

Cathy, Me, Joaquin, Viviana
We Did It!

The World of Color

The World of Color
Such a perfect day with Ian

Athol Training Walk

Athol Training Walk
Hot Day, Long walk

Birthday Fundraiser

Birthday Fundraiser
Me and the Avon Team

AVON WALK EXPO

AVON WALK EXPO
ME and my new HER2 + Gal Pals

Avon Walk Expo

Avon Walk Expo
Team "NEVER STOP MOVING"

Last Surgery

Last Surgery
Port Removal

On to the healing

On to the healing

Ringing the bell

Ringing the bell

Chemo #6 the last chemo treatment

Chemo #6 the last chemo treatment

Chemo #5

Chemo #5
5 down, 1 to GO!

New Years 2010

New Years 2010
Me and Cheryl Breast Cancer Vixens!

Chemo #4

Chemo #4
4 down, 2 to go

Chemo #3

Chemo #3
3 down 3 to go

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

LIFE WITH EFFEXOR

April 27, 2010 Tuesday

It's been several days of being on Effexor. My hot flashes have been greatly reduced, and with the help of a tiny dose of Ambien, I'm sleeping better. My mood has greatly improved. I feel closer to myself than ever. I met with the Shrink on Friday, and not surprised to learn that I have "issues". Well, who doesn't? I have been given homework and the big one is to learn to let Sarah deal with her medical issues in her way. I can't change her, but I won't be joining her. I will agree to disagree. It is, after all, her life. So... already our relationship is better.

Ed and I got away for the weekend, and went to Yale. Ed did a special reading of "Diary of an Infidel" Don't look for it coming to theatres any time soon. It was interesting, but lacks the ability to transfer from book to stage. We stayed at a Hotel that was pretty sad. I won't mention the name, but it was comically scary. We entered our "suite" and the couch faced the microwave. So I guess we could have watched popcorn pop. the bathroom had, for all human purposes, no hot water. The old charm of the room had been replaced with second-hand furnishings, and 70's "textured" ceilings with huge cracks and bulges. We began to pray that the rain predicted would not be heavy, for we truly thought the ceiling might fall if the rain was heavy. We had a TV so that was a saving grace. The elevator was over 100 years old and it's cables looked to be the same. It was a hand operated elevator, fun, but as the elevator operators shifted out they became increasingly odder. The last operator was a slim older man who was the only one to wear a "uniform"; black pants, Short sleeved white shirt, and a maroon polyester box vest. Shriveled with age and sporting a Beatles' style wig in light brown he appeared more of a character in a horror spoof than an employee. Of course, the other actors had been put up in a Bed and Breakfast, and had comfortable lodging and a full breakfast. Why we pulled the short straw is anyone's guess. But at least we didn't have to pay for it. None-the-less, we made the most of it, and had a great time just being together without kids calling and the pressures of the outside world pushing in.
The grounds at Yale are impressive, and had the weather been more co-operative we would have spent more time wandering around the area.

I went back to dance yesterday, and though I was tight from lack of dance for a couple of weeks, I had a great time. I had tea with my gal pals from dance and then walked all the way home with a couple of detours along the way. I walked in the rain and even though I discovered a hole in the bottom of my rain boot that soaked my left foot, I had a very relaxing time. I considered it my training for the Avon Walk.

I have a commitment from our favorite restaurant to give me a percentage of the profits for one night. This is great! I know it will be a big donation for the walk. So when we figure out which night, I'll let you all know and please come that night to support the cause.

So now that I've gotten some real sleep, I am feeling better and look at my world and don't feel so overwhelmed.

Fewer hot flashes, better sleep = a "normal" me

Nite!
Light and Love!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment