Cathy, Me, Joaquin, Viviana

Cathy, Me, Joaquin, Viviana
We Did It!

The World of Color

The World of Color
Such a perfect day with Ian

Athol Training Walk

Athol Training Walk
Hot Day, Long walk

Birthday Fundraiser

Birthday Fundraiser
Me and the Avon Team

AVON WALK EXPO

AVON WALK EXPO
ME and my new HER2 + Gal Pals

Avon Walk Expo

Avon Walk Expo
Team "NEVER STOP MOVING"

Last Surgery

Last Surgery
Port Removal

On to the healing

On to the healing

Ringing the bell

Ringing the bell

Chemo #6 the last chemo treatment

Chemo #6 the last chemo treatment

Chemo #5

Chemo #5
5 down, 1 to GO!

New Years 2010

New Years 2010
Me and Cheryl Breast Cancer Vixens!

Chemo #4

Chemo #4
4 down, 2 to go

Chemo #3

Chemo #3
3 down 3 to go

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

VICTORY!!!!

September 30, 2009 Wednesday

Victory is mine!!! Not only have we destroyed Mr. Lumpy, we got him at Stage One. Nothing in the Nodes (sentinel nor the other 4 little nodes near the sentinel) Nine out of Ten specimens taken were negative!!! Only Mr. Lumpy. Now the long gone dead Mr. Lumpy. So we do the Happy Dance, even though I can't raise my right arm all the way Yet. I'm doing the Happy Dance. I still have more work to do, but the relief I feel today eclipses tomorrow's path/chapter.

End of Chapter Two. ON to Chapter Three. The Dark Scary Road known as Chemo Way and Radiation Lane. I DON'T CARE!!!!! Mr. Lumpy is Dead. Ding Dong the Lump is dead which ol' Lump, Mr. Lump(Y) Ding Dong the wicked lump is dead.......Singing for joy.

Tomorrow I meet the oncologist Dr. Spire (not sure of the spelling but I know where I'm going) Then the radiation oncologist on Oct. 13. I'll find out the course of action to be taken, and I'm ready for battle. I can only see Complete and Total Victory. So what if I lose my hair, I puke my guts out, I get tired. My hair will grow back and I won't, I swear to you all as my witnesses, I will NOT dye it. So get ready for the Silver Mama! If I puke, I'll lose weight, and over time it'll get better. I get tired, I'll sleep, and get caught up on all the hours over my life I lost sleep. The end justifies the means. I can say this now, but check back with me in a month or two and remind me of this statement. I'll hate you for it, but I'll thank you for the reminder in the end.

Bummer part of it all, I still can't go back to dance class for another 2-3 weeks. Ugh. But I will get back to class, Promise! I'm moving, maybe not that great, but I'm moving and I will get back to class and I will be there in my spotlight in class, dancing from my heart, not caring how well I dance (okay that's a lie) I always care how well I dance. I promise to try to keep it in perspective. I'll try not to judge myself too hard.

I'm so excited!!!!!! Thank you Dr. Axelrod!!!! You ROCK!!!!! You are Super Star, and I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!! Thank you Dr. Berman for removing my "A Cup" and helping me feel sexy again. Ed thanks you, too, both of you. Thank you Dr. Cayne for the Port in advance so I avoid all those nasty needle pricks. I am the luckiest gal on the planet.

STAGE ONE!!!!! NOT TWO, THREE OR FOUR. STAGE ONE!!! YA HEAR ME? STAGE ONE!!!! I WIN, I AM VICTORIOUS.

Thank you Rose for giving me the wonderful gift of Nam Myoho Renge Kyo. If there was doubt before it is gone. I'm convinced. Life is great.

So....here's the deal my dear gal pals. GET YOUR MAMMOGRAMS, and be ridiculously safe and do self breast exam whenever you take a shower, it takes just a few moments and you'll get to know your breasts and the subtle changes so if (God forbid) a Mr. Lumpy pops up, you catch it like I did, AT STAGE ONE!!!!!! Do the right thing, take a shower tonight and feel up your boobs. They'll thank you for it.

; D

Off to have the best day in a long time.
Nite!
Love and Light
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment